GDPR: DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Just Mugs Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller - A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor - A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data - The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data - The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing - means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Who are we?
The data controller is Just Mugs Limited, Unit 19 Longbridge Hayes Industrial Estate, Longport, Stoke on Trent, ST6 4DS.
This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. For all data matters please contact the data protection officer on telephone number 01782 819381 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information we may collect from you
Certain categories of information collected by us are necessary to use our Services, such as the information you must provide when transacting with us. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, delivery address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, bank details, and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of account application and/or continued use of our Services. We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
When you use our Services, we may collect the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.justmugs.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our portal system or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• Information given verbally to our Representatives may be stored on your account.
• Information in relation to the products and services that we supply to you will always be stored in our secure systems.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of transactions you carry out with us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
4. Online Data
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, location data and browser type, as well as pages visited and content viewed, links and buttons clicked, and URLs visited before you use our Service. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
6. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. How we use your information
We mainly rely on three separate bases to lawfully process your information.
• Firstly, we need to process your information to provide our Services to you, in accordance with our Conditions of Sale. This processing is necessary to perform the contract between you and us.
• Secondly, where you have given us consent to use your information in certain ways, we will rely on your consent.
• Thirdly, as described in more detail below, we may process your information where necessary to further our legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. Occasionally, we may rely on other legal bases such as to comply with a legal obligation.
In order to deliver, personalise and improve our Services, we combine and use the information that we have about you to understand how you use and interact with our Services. We may also use information held about you for the following purposes:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by post, e-mail or telephone. We will only contact you with information about goods similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you. Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your prior consent and subject to any opt out instructions, we process personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services.
8. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with your consent.
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
• The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data;
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
11. How to contact us
For any requests related to your personal information or any of your rights referenced above, you can contact us by:
• Telephone: 01782 819381
• Email: email@example.com
• Post: Just Mugs Ltd, Unit 19 Longbridge Hayes Ind Estate, Longport, Stoke on Trent, ST6 4DS.